We are often asked for a recommendation for a good, cheap laptop.
It is challenging to decide what is suitable for someone and cheap.
However, we did our best to put together some of the essential features that a good laptop should have while remaining within an acceptable budget of $ 400.
Is a Laptop Under $ 400 The Right Thing For You?
This is probably the most critical question you must ask yourself. What will you use your laptop for?
Don’t expect to get the perfect laptop for this money, but it might fit your needs.
Given the features, laptops of up to $ 400 will not be a good choice for several users.
- Passionate gamers
- Semi-Professionals and Professionals in Video Editing
- People who are frequent travelers and portability are critical to them
- People who want a battery that will last more than 6 hours
We can say that these are the most significant disadvantages of laptops up to $ 400 or budget-friendly laptops. They are not overly powerful. They don’t last as long as the ultrabooks and are slightly more massive than other laptops.
What Should A Cheap Laptop Have?
If you decided to read further after the first paragraph, you are still interested in buying a budget-friendly laptop.
Now we come to the most critical part: your new laptop’s features and below which you should not go.
- Processor: Intel Core i3
- RAM: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Drive: 1GB HDD or 128GB SSD
- Display: 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 920m or more
As we said, these are the minimum requirements below, which you should not go, but if you manage to catch a good deal, be sure to always opt for the better of the specifications above.
So you might be able to grab a Core i5 processor, 6 or 8GB of RAM, a better graphics card, or a combination of SSDs and more RAM. However, unless you are one of those installing millions of programs on your computer and saving your entire Netflix collection, we recommend that you first pay attention to your SSD.
You are certainly in favor of the fact that more and more cheap laptops also have SSDs that are becoming the rules, not an exception, even in the range of up to 3000 kunas. If you can find a laptop in this range with an SSD, be sure to opt for it. If not, there are other ways to combine HDD and SSD in one laptop.
We put the graphics card on the list just because of the need for more accessible gaming. Integrated graphics cards are often not powerful enough to run today’s games, so casual gamers should have a separate graphics card.
Read Next – Top 10 Best Gaming Laptops Under $400
Laptop Recommendations Up To $ 400
In the end, we decided to present you with four laptops up to $ 400, which are well listed among our users and satisfy all of the above characteristics (please note that prices were current at the time of writing and may vary over time).
In addition to popularity, laptops have been selected based on variety, quality, and price.
HP Pavilion 14
HP Pavilion 14 Specifications
- Display: 14″ diagonal HD SVA BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit (1366 x 768)
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home in S mode (Free switch to Windows 10 Home; open Settings -> Update & Security -> Activation)
- Storage: Upgrade up to 2TB M.2 SSD; Select it above before checkout (Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY)
- Memory: Upgrade up to 16GB DDR4 RAM; Select it above before checkout (Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY)
- Processor: AMD A9-9425 Dual-Core (3.1 GHz base frequency; up to 3.7 GHz burst frequency; 1 MB cache)
- Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
- Networking: Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN
- Wireless connectivity: Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n (1×1) and Bluetooth 4.2 combo
- Battery: 3-cell; 41 Wh Li-ion; up to 7 hours battery life mixed-use
- Audio Features: Stereo speakers
- Ports: 1x HDMI 1.4b; 1x headphone/microphone combo; 1x RJ-45; 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ; 1x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 ; 1x AC smart pin
HP Pavilion 14 Laptop, HD Display, AMD Ryzen 3 3250U (Beats i7-7560U), 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics, Webcam, Wi-Fi, HDMI, Bluetooth, Windows 10 Home, Natural Silver (Latest Model)
2020 HP Pavilion x360 14" FHD WLED Touchscreen 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, Intel Core i5-1035G1 up to 3.6GHz, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, Webcam, HDMI, Fingerprint Reader, Windows 10
10 used from $372.99
HP Pavilion 14 Laptop HD Touchscreen, AMD Ryzen 3 3250U Processor(up to 3.5 GHz), 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Webcam, WiFi, Ethernet, HDMI, USB-A&C, Win10 with 2Weeks SkyCare Support (8GB/128GB SSD)
4 used from $199.99
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
Powerful and portable, the Aspire 5 laptop delivers on every aspect of everyday computing. Housing a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor, this Aspire 5 can tackle any job, no matter how complex.
Creativity soars to new heights with sharp, crisp visuals showcased on the 15.6″ Full HD IPS screen, while the thin bezel provides you more space to work with wherever inspiration strikes.
It’s the perfect companion to take with you wherever you go!
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Features
The narrow-bezel design offers more real estate for extraordinary images. In addition, crisp, true-to-life colors come alive on a 15.6″ Full HD IPS display with Acer Color Intelligence.
Keep your eyes free from strain and watch or work for long sessions using Acer BlueLightShield.
The triple threat of performance, connectivity, and entertainment – the 10th Gen Intel Core i3 processor opens more possibilities than ever before.
Groundbreaking intelligent performance features adapt to you and the things you do for a more personalized and responsive experience.
Premium Looks and Mobility
Travel with ease and look great with the Aspire 5 thin, light design and aluminum top cover.
The Power of Sound
Turn up the music with Acer TrueHarmony, bringing you deeper bass and more volume through its innovative speaker design.
Wireless WiFi 6 Convenience
WiFi 6 – based on the 802.11ax standard, is a giant leap forward in wireless connectivity. This new WiFi will improve your wireless experience.
Work comfortably in any environment with the convenience of a backlit keyboard.
Read Next – Good Cheap Wireless Earbuds To Buy In 2022
Introducing Windows 10 in S mode – Performance That Lasts
Complete Confidence on the Web
Surf from site to site with Microsoft Edge, knowing that advanced security features are built right in.
Peak Performance that Lasts
Designed for superior performance that lasts, start-ups are quick and built to stay that way.
The Power of Apps
Browse the Microsoft Store for thousands of apps, and if you don’t find what you want, you can easily switch out of S mode and search the web.
Choice and Flexibility
Save your files to your favorite cloud, like OneDrive or Dropbox, and access them from any device you choose.
Read Next – Top 10 Best Gaming Laptops Under $2000
ASUS VivoBook F510QA
ASUS VivoBook F510QA Specifications
- 15. 6″ anti-glare Full HD WideView display with ASUS Splendid software enhancement
- Powerful AMD Quad Core A12-9720P Processor (2. 7 GHz, up to 3. 6GHz)
- Lightning-fast WiFi keeps you connected through any congestion or interference
- AMD Radeon R7 Graphics
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3. 1 Type-C, USB 3. 0, USB 2. 0, HDMI
- 14. 2″ wide, 0. 8″ thin, portable footprint with 0. 3″ NanoEdge bezel for a stunning 80% screen-to-body ratio
- Display 15. 6″ anti-glare Full HD WideView display
- Processor AMD Quad Core A12-9720P 2. 6 GHz ( up to 3. 6 GHz)Memory 4GB DDR4 RAM
- Hard drive size 128GB SSD
- Operating system Windows 10 in S mode
- Video AMD Radeon R7 Graphics
- Ports USB 3. 1 Type-C, USB 3. 0, USB 2. 0, HDMI
- Wireless Networking 802. 11acs
- Battery life 6H
- Dimensions 15. 0″ x 10. 1″ x 0. 8”Weight 5. 0 lbs
ASUS VivoBook F510QA, 2019 Flagship 15.6" Full HD WideView Laptop, AMD Quad-Core A12-9720P up to 3.6GHz, 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD, HDMI Fingerprint Reader Bluetooth 4.2 802.11ac USB-C AMD Radeon R7 Win 10 S
ASUS VivoBook F510QA Thin & Lightweight Laptop, 15.6” FHD WideView, AMD Quad Core A12-9720P Processor, 8GB RAM, 256G SSD, Fingerprint Reader, Windows 10 in S mode, F510QA-DS99
2019 ASUS VivoBook F510QA 15.6” WideView FHD Laptop Computer, AMD Quad-Core A12-9720P up to 3.6GHz, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB SSD , USB 3.0, 802.11ac WiFi, HDMI, Windows 10
HP 14-CF0014DX Features
- Windows 10 operating system – Windows 10 brings back the start menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the edge web browser that lets you markup web pages on your screen
- 14″ Display – optimistic view glossy screen maintains the vivid colors in your photos and videos. Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. LED backlight
- 7th Gen Intel Core i3-7100U mobile processor – Smart dual-core, four-way processing performance for HD-quality computing
- 8GB system memory for advanced multitasking substantial, high-bandwidth RAM
- 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD) while offering less storage space than a hard drive, a flash-based SSD has no moving parts, resulting in faster start-up times
HP 14-CF0014DX Specifications
- Computer memory size: 8GB
- Processor (CPU) Manufacturer: Intel
- Processor (CPU) Speed: 2.4 GHz
- Display Resolution: Max 1366 x 768 pixels
- Display Size: 14”
- Display Technology: LCD
- Hard Disk Size: 128 GB SSD
- Item Dimensions: 32.4 x 22.6 x 2 in
- Item Weight: 4.3 lbs
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor Count: 2
- System RAM Type: DDR4 SDRAM
- Wireless Compatibility: 802.11b/g, 802.11bgn, 802.11b
HP 2019 14" Laptop - Intel Core i3 - 8GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Ash Silver Keyboard Frame (14-CF0014DX)
$333.99 in stock
6 used from $299.85
Read Next – Top 10 Best Gaming Laptops Under 1000 $
You can’t go wrong with any of these laptops. Our choice, in this case, is Acer Aspire 5 Slim because it has a Full HD IPS display and a speedy 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD.
Read Next – Top 5 Cheap Gaming Tablet To Buy In 2022
Check the price and customer reviews of the best laptops under $400 below: