The new monitor from LG’s UltraGear brand LG 27GN800-B focuses on the gaming scene thanks to a solid panel and a classic gaming design. By gaming design we mean, of course, the black and red colors of the case, which will quickly reveal its purpose to anyone who sees it. This does not mean that you cannot use the monitor for other, more professional purposes, although we recommend a couple of adjustments. Let’s start LG 27GN800-B review with the design itself.
The monitor has a diagonal of 27 ” which will be the ideal dimensions for most users, especially if you are planning a setup with multiple monitors. The monitor panel is flat, and also has very thin edges where the case protrudes with a thickness of only one millimeter, and the black edge under the windshield extends another 5-6 mm on three sides of the monitor, while the bottom edge is standard slightly thicker and he finds electronics. The back is completely clad in plastic, with red details and a protruding center of the monitor. Here at the bottom, there is a holder to which the monitor stand is connected, on the right side, we have a recess with all the slots, while in the middle there is a connector for 100 x 100 VESA mounting. From the connectors, we have two HDMI slots and one DisplayPort, and there is also a headphone output. The VESA connector is separate from the stand that comes with the monitor, which gives you the option to attach a Mini PC here as well. The metal stand is clad in plastic and is perhaps the only noticeable minus to the monitor. Namely, apart from easy tilt control, you have no options to adjust the monitor on this stand. If your height is not adequate you will either put books under the monitor or buy a VESA stand.
- Fits 13" To 32" Screens - Single monitor freestanding mount fits most screens 13” to 32” in size and up to 22 lbs in weight with VESA 75x75mm or 100x100mm mounting holes. Includes cable management to keep cords clean and organized.
- Ergonomic Viewing - Designed to elevate your monitor to a better viewing angle encouraging better posture for your neck and back while working long desk hours.
- Articulation & Height Adjustment - Adjustable bracket offers +15° to -15° tilt, 90° swivel, 360° rotation, and height adjustment along the center pole. Monitor can be placed in portrait or landscape orientation.
- Easy Installation - Mounting your monitor is a simple process with an open top slot VESA plate. We provide all the necessary hardware and instructions for assembly.
- We've Got You Covered - Sturdy steel design is backed with a 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty and friendly tech support to help with any questions or concerns.
LG 27GN800-B Panel Features
On the other hand, there’s a panel we liked, and the specs might interest you. It is, as we have already mentioned, a 27-inch QHD screen with 2560 x 1440 pixels, which in our opinion is the ideal ratio of resolution and diagonal, and you will not need an extreme graphics card to operate the monitor. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t pay to have a better card, as the monitor supports a refresh rate of up to 144 Hz when it truly is in its element. This is because the IPS matrix achieves responsiveness of only 1 ms GtG. In other words, when refreshing the image quickly, you will not notice “ghosting” when moving quickly, but the image will be sharp. The monitor is certified by Nvidia as G-Sync compatible, and also carries AMD FreeSync Premium certification. In other words, the monitor will work in conjunction with Nvidia or AMD graphics cards and stabilize refresh rates based on graphics card speeds, ranging from 20 to 144 Hz. In the event that the VRR does not work, the monitor can quickly turn the lights on and off at refresh rates above 100 Hz, thus reducing motion blur.
LG 27GN800-B Video Review
LG 27GN800-B Picture Modes
The monitor offers seven predefined modes so you can change them quickly. The OBD monitor has a large number of detailed settings divided into “Picture” and “Game”. Here Picture Adjust offers customization of image appearance, brightness, and other settings. Game Adjust offers customization of details such as VRR, motion blur reduction, and matrix responsiveness. You can also add a fixed sight to the screen for more precise gaming.
- 27” qhd (2560 x 1440) ips display
- 1ms (gtg) response time & 144hz refresh rate
- nvidia g-sync compatible with amd freesync premium
- srgb 99% color gamut with hdr 10
- 3-side virtually borderless display. Power Consumption : 45W - 48W
- Display technology: LED
Although it is an IPS panel, the gaming responsiveness is impressively high and you will hardly find a similar monitor in this price range. On the other hand, the panel also covers the complete sRGB spectrum in standard and HDR mode and the colors in games, but also when watching multimedia look impressive and saturated even from sharper angles, so the display is clear even if someone is sitting next to you.
- Model: 27GN800-B
- Overall rating: 4.5
- Performance: 5
- Cost-effectiveness: 4
- Cool factor: 5
- Manufacturer: LG
- Type: IPS
- Diagonal / resolution / aspect ratio: 27 ” / 2560 x 1440
- Refresh rate: 144 Hz
- Panel type: IPS
- Response time: 1 ms
- Contrast: 1000: 1
- Dimensions: 614.2 x 454.2 x 224.8 mm
- Weight: 6 kg
- VESA: 100 x 100
LG 27GN800-B Pro&Cons
- 144 Hz, response, IPS panel, AMD FreeSync and Nvidia G-Sync support
- The stand and contrast could be even better