AOC CU34G2X Review – A versatile and affordable 34-inch ultrawide monitor that comes with a slightly more aggressively curved screen with a radius of 1500R. Samsung’s built-in VA matrix provides very good image quality, and with a refresh rate of 144 Hz and an acceptable response speed, this affordable ultrawide monitor will be interesting to gamers as well.
AOC CU34G2X Review
The new generation of 34-inch ultrawide monitors certainly brings these interesting ultra-wide screens closer to the vast majority of potential users. Until recently, monitors like this cost well over 1000 $, and now we can find them for half that price. AOC is especially known for its extremely affordable monitors with impressive specifications, so it is no wonder that this model is one of the most affordable 34-inch ultrawide monitors available on the market.
It boasts great features that include Samsung’s latest VA matrix, 3440×1440 pixel resolution, 144 Hz refresh rate, support for FreeSync and G-Sync, great equipment, and very good ergonomics. Note that in addition to this model, there is also a model marked CU34G2 on the market, which is slightly cheaper, but comes with a refresh rate of 100 Hz.
- Screen Size: 34-Inches
- Resolution: 3440 x 1440 UW-QHD
- Refresh Rate: 100Hz
- Response Time: 4ms
- Panel Type: VA
- Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
- Brightness: 300 cd/m²
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Built-in Speakers: No
- Stand Height, Swivel, Rotate: Yes
- Stand Pivot: No
- VESA Compatible, 100x100mm
- Connections: 1x DisplayPort 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.0, 5x USB,3.0, 1x 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Weight: 12.20 Kg
The AOC CU34G2 monitor is a curved ultra-wide 34-inch display, with a beautiful matte-black finish to the overall design. The display has a great quality plastic material to the build and feels genuinely nice.
With a thin-bezel design around the edges and doesn’t serve any issues when getting yourself into your gaming and multimedia moments. Also, the display has a beautiful 1500R screen curvature making it great for multimedia and gaming screen-time immersion as well.
The back of the display has a nice red line design, which looks pretty impressive and makes the AOC CU34G2 display a beast itself. In addition, the AOC CU34G2 monitor is pretty wide physically, and you may need to place this monitor on a big desk for a good foundation. You’ll be able to locate the OSD panel on the bottom right side of the display and consists of five press-able buttons. However, the display would have been even better if it incorporated a joystick for navigational purposes because you’ll be able to navigate through the OSD menu with pure convenience entirely easily.
Furthermore, the default stand is ergonomically well designed and has an excellent V-shaped foundation to the base for its foundation, and the display doesn’t wobble nor move when slightly nudged. The stand can tilt, can adjust in height, rotate, and swivel. But it cannot pivot. If you’re not one hundred percent with the stock stand, you can always opt-in for a 100x100mm VESA mount, which works great and can give your monitor true freedom of mobility and screen position maneuverability as well.
- 34" Class (34" Viewable) AOC Gaming G2 Series monitor with 3440x1440 Ultra wide Quad HD (2K+) resolution VA panel
- Rapid 1ms response (MPRT) and 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync for ultra-smooth competitive game play
- 3-Sided frameless design with 1500R curvature for immersive gaming and entertainment
- VA panel for wide viewing angles and brilliant colors displaying over 115% sRGB and 98% Adobe RGB color gamut area coverage
- AOC Re-Spawned 3-year zero-bright-dot 3-year advance replacement 1-year (one-time) accidental damage
- Height adjustable stand AOC low Blue mode and flickers for wellbeing and comfort during extended gaming sessions (VESA compatible)
- 2x DisplayPort 1 4 2x HDMI 2 0 and USB 3 2 x4 hub inputs/outputs for high performance Graphics display and convenience
- AOC low input lag delivers lag free Display from the video signals
Underneath the display, you’ll be able to locate a plethora of connectivities and consists of one DisplayPort 1.4, two HDMI 2.0, five USB,3.0, and one 3.5mm audio jack. Thanks to its abundance of USB ports and two HDMI ports, you’ll be able to connect multiple electronic devices, including your gaming console as well, to the AOC CU34G2 gaming monitor. And you’ll be able to use the display as a charging station as well, which is pretty convenient.
Unfortunately, the display doesn’t have built-in speakers. Overall, the general design of the AOC CU34G2 is aesthetically pleasing, quite wide as well, and you may need a bigger desk for a great foundation. But you can always opt-in for a 100x100mm VESA mount and save more room as well.
For gaming performance, it is advisable to use the medium response speed option in the settings menu. This will ensure a satisfactory response speed. Let’s mention that the response speed is not at the level of faster TN and IPS monitors, so this monitor is not particularly suitable for faster games.
But on the other hand, all the other games look impressive on this ultra-wide format monitor. In addition, Adaptive-Sync technology works just as well with AMD and Nvidia cards without any problems.
Performance And Features
- 34” with 3440×1440 WQHD resolution
- Curved VA panel for wide-viewing angles and total immersion
- Rapid 1ms (MPRT) response time and 144Hz refresh rate
- No stuttering or tearing with AMD FreeSync Premium Technology
- The sleek, curved frameless design that is height adjustable
- FlickerFree and AOC LowBlue Mode Technology
- 2xDisplayPort (1.4) 2XHDMI (2.0) connections
AOC CU34G2X Pros & Cons
- 100Hz refresh rate and a fast 4ms response time great for casual gaming
- Excellent contrast and color coverage
- Images and colors look vibrant and life-like
- No joystick for OSD navigational purposes, but buttons are fairly responsive.
- The monitor is a bit heavy
The AOC CU34G2X gaming monitor is superbly built and has a beautiful genuine feel to the overall build, as well as its aesthetically pleasing design. However, the only downside was the OSD navigational buttons, which were responsive but was quite inconvenient when navigating through the OSD settings. Incorporating a joystick to navigate would be nice. The image and color quality is superb and gives you a sense of immersion when gaming as well.
Also, you can check out some of the best gaming monitors for 2021 such as the fastest 144Hz monitors and 240Hz refresh rate displays if you’re wanting more. If you’re on a medium budget and are looking for something new to upgrade to, then the ultra-widescreen AOC CU34G2X gaming display will be your answer.